My sound could be described as:
- Punchy and warm – I love silky top end…but not brittle.
- Deep and three dimensional – I love to capture the room tracks in case we need them later.
- Dynamic – You could say I apply compression more than Wilco, but less than Son Volt.
Engineering Aesthetic Influences:
- Rock – The Black Keys, The Duke Spirit, Bat for Lashes, Autolux, Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ early stuff
- Pop/Electronic – Lykke Li, Phantogram, Mutemath, Austra, Metric, Little Scream
- Softer Stuff – Bon Iver, Sigur Ros, Great Lake Swimmers
- Other Stuff – Tom Waits, Radiohead, Black Dub, Peter Gabriel
- T-Bone Burnett (His work with Robert Plant, Autolux, Sam Phillips, Ryan Bingham)
- Danger Mouse (His work with The Black Keys)
- Daniel Lanois (His work with Emmylou Harris)
- Björn Yttling (His work on both of Lykke Li’s albums)
- Chris Goss (His work with The Duke Spirit)
- Richard Parry (His work with Little Scream)
- Married, with a son.
- Mostly Vegan, and love to cook.
- Dry, deadpan sense of humor.
- I’ve been told I have a “Zen-like quality” to my voice.